Saturday, August 27, 2011

Reptile Gardens

The last place we visited on our trip was Reptile Gardens. It was like a mini zoo.

Here are the prairie dogs (don't ask me what they have to do with reptiles). They are super cute, but apparently they bite.


The crocodile and alligator show was definitely the most entertaining.



I hope this guy gets paid a lot. He is demonstrating that alligators don't have strong muscles to open their jaws, the power comes in when they close their jaws down.



This frog is so vibrant and beautiful, but it is extremely poisonous.







This is an actual skeleton of a sea turtle. It's giant!


Here I am standing next to a boa constrictor, thankfully there is glass separating us.

The Reptile Gardens also has a number of birds and they perform. Here is a dove doing her tricks.

This guy is trained to get your money, make sure you keep your wallet closed.

These two turtles are about 50-60 years old, but they are still really young because these turtles could live up to 150 years.

This was a great little diversion from all the historical sites and I really enjoyed all the animals.

1 comment:

Larsen Mom said...

Looks like you guys had fun. My kids would love that place. How did the 'ringing the bell when he has to go out' training go with the puppy? Did it work? We just got a puppy and I'd love to teach him that trick.