Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Crazy Horse

Crazy Horse is a monument to the Native Americans in honor of the people and what they suffered during the American expansion west.

This is a painting of the original sculptor. He spent about 50 years of his life working on this monument and today his wife and kids continue the work.
This site also offers a museum of Native American artifacts. I'm pretty glad I don't sleep here at night.

This might be a better sleeping option.

This exhibit features all different colors of beads and I just thought it was beautiful to look at.

Here is how the monument looks today.

Here is the scale sculpture of what it is supposed to look like when finished. This isn't a national monument so the money all comes from donations and I think that slows them down a bit. I wonder when this will actually get finished.




1 comment:

Joseph and Kamber said...

I went there when I was 16. Unfortunately things sure haven't changed much.