Saturday, February 21, 2009

Puerto Vallarta

We had three ports on our cruise and the first was Puerto Vallarta--Welcome!
We decided to do a zip line tour as our activity. The radio station organized a tour and below is a picture of what it is like. Sorry we were too cheap to pay their prices for our pictures or a dvd. They wanted $50.00 for the dvd and that is just ridiculous. The tour was awesome though and definitely our favorite activity. If you want to see more check it out here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8jIgQ3x18k&eurl=http://canopytourspuertovallarta.com/canopy-el-eden.html?gclid=CKLpoJ7Y7pgCFRxNagod_Xic1Q&feature=player_embedded

The zip lines were set up over the jungle where the movie Predator was shot. There was some of the movie memorabilia set up around. Look here is the Predator and the destroyed helicopter.
After our tour Matt and I grabbed some food and had the best guacamole ever!! This is his response to good food and good fun.
Here's me, man I was tired! There were 12 zip lines set up and you hiked upward to get to each new line. It was a work out for someone is out of shape, but it was worth it.
This is the side view of the helicopter as you can tell we were very impressed by it.
This is the road we drove up and back on. We were in a large tour bus and I felt like I was on the movie Romancing the Stone where she takes the wrong bus in Columbia and ends up in the middle of the jungle on the tinest road ever. We were glad our bus driver was taking it slow.
I would definitely recommend this as an adventure to take. It was so awesome to see the jungle by flying over the top of it. The longest and highest line was 1650 feet long and about 1000 feet up. It was really an exhilarating experience.

1 comment:

Meghan said...

What awesome adventures you had! I loved that you went on a zipline. I loved that you went to Lover's beach (isn't it gorgeous?) and I loved the zoo pictures. You guys really had a wonderful time? I'm so jealous!