Monday, July 06, 2009

Attitude of Gratitude

This week it's very hard not to think about living in the United States of America and the many freedoms we enjoy here.

I particularly love the Star Spangled Banner and I think the third verse is something we don't hear very often so in a tribute to patriotism here is the final verse:

Oh, thus be it ever, when free men shall stand
Between their loved homes and the war's desolation!
Blest with vict'ry and peace, may the heav'n rescued land
Praise the Pow'r that hath made and preserved us a nation!

Then conquer we must, when our cause it is just,
And this be our motto: "In God is our trust!"
And the star-spangled banner in triumph shall wave
O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave!

I love how the verse attributes our freedom to the hand of God. I promise not to break into "I'm Proud to Be an American, " but what can I say I am and I am so grateful I was born here.

No comments: