Thursday, May 28, 2009

Green Thumb Possibilities

Despite the blogging hiatus Matt and I have been keeping busy the past couple of weeks or months with some gardening chores. We removed some ground cover in this bed and added columbines and standing phlox. Hopefully the bark will make this area low maintenance and the flowers will give us some more color.
Last year we got rid of this humongous bush, but now we have a gap. Any suggestions? My ideas include a garden bench, a dwarf tree, and a hanging plant stand. The trouble is, whatever it is, can't be too big as it ruins the curbing, but it does need to have some substance to fill the space.
Check out these bushes. Matt trimmed them back quite a bit and I'll admit I thought he had butchered them, but look how gorgeous they are now. It is great when you end up with gorgeous landscaping as a result of your home purchase. I had no idea these would flower so beautifully and Matt really unlocked their potential.
How tall does a sycamore grow? We are going to find out. This is our most recent purchase to get some more shade in the back yard. This is Matt's baby and so far he has been tending with loving care. We sure are enjoying the spring weather now that its here.

No comments: