Wednesday, November 12, 2008

The Good, The Bad, The Ugly

The tour continues . . .

This is our master. I created the swag over the bed, Matt being his practical self finds it totally unnecessary as well as the bed skirt, but I think it finishes the room nicely. This is the good room.

Love our dresser and the window. Three cheers for fake wood blinds instead of the crappy vinyl ones.
The entertainment wall. Yes we have a T.V. in the bedroom.
This is the first bedroom. Right now it catches all the furniture we have no idea what to do with. Note the dresser, stair climber, and nighstand below. In my dreams Matt will build bookcases on both sides of the window that rest on the ledge, creating a built in window seat. This is the bad.
Now the ugly. This wall used to have wood panneling which I am whole-heartedly opposed to, so Matt has stripped the panneling. Next up rip down the drywall and install new drywall.
The window wall in the ugly room. This room gets tons of sun and will be nice when it is done, but right now it is HIDEOUS with a capital H.
The sewing machine is also in the ugly room, its folded down right now because as you all know I am currently in a very crafty stage.
Up next the bathrooms.

5 comments:

Jamie said...

Cute bedroom, Tracy! And Matt...the swag and the bed skirt are VERY necessary! My hubby wouldn't even let me put a bed skirt on our gift registry list when we got married. But he scanned a TV and we got 2 of them! How messed up is that?! I'm not bitter or anything. ;) However, I did hang dried roses in our bedroom...so ha! (LOL)

jamie said...

Keep the tour going. We're all following along.

Speaking of decorating, remember those 6 frames I got at IKEA? Ryan is a bit horrified by how big they are. I have a sinking feeling they may sit behind our couch for a long time unless I can convince him otherwise. (dang!)

Meghan said...

I love the tour! You have a beautiful house...and I love your bedroom. I really like your nightstands and lamps. Where did you get those? Can't wait to see what you do with the bedrooms!

Mandy said...

I really like the tour too. I like what you've done with your bedroom, and I'm anxiously awaiting the transformation of the other bedroom as well.

tracy said...

So Jamie W. you go girl with the dried flowers, I don't think I could pull that one off.

Jamie B. I loved those frames. I won't tell you how long it took me to convince Matt to hang the pictures at the right height instead of too high on the wall.

Meghan I totally got the lamps at Target, but the nightstands were a beast to find. We got one at Walmart and one online, but it was almost a huge fiasco.